About the job
Consulting with a wide variety of existing advertising companies of all sizes, you are committed to finding the optimal advertising solution for each client. Your interest in sales and the digital economy and your entrepreneurial drive enables brands to expand their businesses with Google’s latest advertising products and solutions. Your understanding of online media combined with your commercial know-how shape how new and existing businesses grow. Using your effective communication skills, you are the face of Google to a portfolio of clients whose needs you listen to, and help define the strategy for how their products and services can reach thousands or millions of users.
Google Customer Solutions Sales teams are advisors who maintain a focus on customer success by bringing the best Google has to offer. The Traditional Media Agency team, a subset of Google Customer Solutions, is responsible for driving incremental business growth via our full-service, creative and media agency partners. As a Business Development Manager, you’ll focus on developing relationships with traditional media agencies in Sweden and drive business growth through agency-managed accounts with brand and performance opportunities.
When our millions of advertisers and publishers are happy, so are we! Our Google Customer Solutions (GCS) team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused members are the ”human face” of Google, helping entrepreneurs both individually and broadly build their online presence and grow their businesses. We are dedicated to growing the unique needs of advertising companies. Our teams of strategists, analysts, advisers and support specialists collaborate closely to spot and analyze customer needs and trends. In collaboration, we create and implement business plans broadly for all types of businesses.
- Work towards business goals, prioritize and deliver an excellent experience to Google’s agency partners.
- Manage and develop primary agency relationships from executive C-level down to specific account teams including Media Planners and Buyers.
- Collaborate and consult with agencies with the goal of extending relationships, growing the client/agency base, and optimizing their advertising.
- Analyze data trends and client performance. Develop strategic plans, prepare and conduct strategic presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working in sales or marketing at an agency, technology or media company.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Swedish fluently and idiomatically.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Experience with sales techniques including, effective questioning and objection handling.
- Experience with business development, managing a sales portfolio, building client relationships and using solution-based selling.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage multiple projects with a range of internal and external constituents simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues and develop recommendations and action plans.
- Demonstrated thought leadership. Ability to influence executive stakeholders.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.