Amazon is one of the most innovative and customer-centric e-commerce businesses on earth. Aiming at improving the experience of its customers, Amazon has been the pioneer of many innovations. Did you know that customers can use amazon.de in 5 more languages other than German? They can shop using the website in Turkish, Polish, English, Dutch and Czech! This is where we need you!
We are currently looking for a motivated and talented Swedish linguist to join our Localization Team in Barcelona as a Translation Specialist (EN-SE).
What is so special about our team? As a Swedish Translation Specialist, you will:
- Post-edit machine-translated output in an efficient way to improve the information on the detailed product pages in Swedish on the website.
- Conduct quality checks by proofreading and reviewing work from your peers and external vendors and also provide feedback and coaching when needed.
- Maintain a terminology base for Swedish.
- Control and improve the quality of machine-translation engines.
- Provide ad-hoc linguistic support (translation, linguistic review, testing) for other internal customers.
We are proud to say that in our team, the scope of a Translation Specialist is not limited to linguistic tasks. Depending on your skills and interests, you will have opportunities to get involved in hiring, training, mentoring, technical or business support, project and people management.
We do not expect you to be able to do everything. We work as a team with everyone bringing their own unique strengths and mix them together for perfection. We provide trainings to help everyone succeed and grow.
Why are you waiting? Apply now with your English CV and become an Amazonian!
- Your Swedish language skills need to be at native level
- You must be able to work from English
- You need to have a Bachelor’s degree preferably in Language Studies, Translation, Interpreting or Communication. Related fields such as Philology, Journalism, Public Relations, etc. are also accepted.
- As the main communication language in our team and company is English, you need to have fully functional oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of CAT tools
- Any additional working language, in particular German
- Customer and business orientation
- Curiosity and flexibility across multiple tasks
- Previous experience with language related tasks
- Ability to prioritize and work towards deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and produce results, as well as to collaborate effectively with a diverse team