Finance Operations provides financial oversight, transactional process delivery and financial reporting for the business. The Reporting Accountant supports the delivery of high quality, timely reporting for group, management and statutory purposes, and for driving ongoing process improvement. This will include monitoring and optimisation of activities currently performed, review and approval of all relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and identification and migration of further activities as appropriate. The Reporting accountant will also provide support for statutory and tax compliance activities for the markets they are accountable and ensure that all RTR activities are executed in accordance with S&N MAP and SOx control frameworks.
- Ensure that transactions are documented, in compliance with group standards and, where relevant, Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Deliver high quality, timely reporting for group and statutory purposes and providing ad-hoc analysis and decision support to the local management team and the business.
- Participation in the annual Budgeting and quarterly Forecasting cycles utilising Hyperion (SNHFM) and SAP or MS AX.
- Accountable for balance sheet integrity and reconciliations, to safeguard assets and to ensure the optimal use of resources across the business; and to ensure that any ageing of balances is fully investigated and resolved.
- Support and implement continuous improvement initiatives e.g. process standardisation and business efficiencies, with the aim to lower cost, improve service and reduce compliance risk.
- Prepare requests for the external and internal auditors, other advisors and relevant country Authorities.
- As instructed by the Controller / Senior Reporting Accountant assess and implement changes to comply with external reporting and accounting requirements as well as internal changes to the business or S&N accounting environment.
- Degree level qualification
- Professional qualification
Licenses / certifications
- required – Part Qualified Accountant (i.e ACA / ACCA / CA / CPA / CMA or equivalent)
- nice to have – Qualified Accountant (i.e ACA / ACCA / CA / CPA / CMA or equivalent)
- 3+ years working in either in global accounting practice or in industry
- Must be fluent in English and Finnish or Swedish or Danish
- Demonstrates experience in analysing financial data, drawing sound conclusions and developing proposals/solutions
- IFRS accounting experience
- Experience of the Month-end reporting and control frameworks
Experience nice to have
- Relevant industry experience advantageous, ideally in Medical Devices or Pharmaceuticals
- Candidates with past experience in one of the following roles would be desirable – Commercial Accounting, Legal Entity
- Reporting (including production and delivery of theaccounts consolidation processes and complex transactions and associated accounting),Supply Chain Accounting (standard costs, variances, internal sales)
- Experience of SAP / Hyperion / TM1 / Cognos
- Working knowledge and application of SOx control frameworks
- Experience of transition and transformation to an offshore Captive or BPO TransactionalFinance operation
- Experience of working in financial reporting role in a large / listed entity
Competences & skills expected
- Ability to analyse financial data, draw sound conclusions and propose solutions
- Apply best practice and controls to maintain the highest level of financial integrity
- Ability to analyse financial data, draw sound conclusions
- Drive clear standard processes which are easy to interact with
- Works well under pressure and in a deadline orientated environment – is a role model for others
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity to foster an open dialogue with the team
- Has a clear understanding of IFRS and applies this to make credible decisions based on facts, appropriate analysis, and sound judgement
- Deep understanding of end-to-end operational and financial control, business processes and reporting, including SOX exposure
- Has a clear understanding of governance, risk and compliance frameworks
- Broad understanding of statutory filings, corporate and indirect tax
- Knowledge/understanding of SAP (or MS Axapta), Cognos and Hyperion HFM
- Advanced Excel and can use MS Office suite of tools
- Able to analyse and resolve operational and process issues through liaison with stakeholders
- Proposes solutions within the context of the business by applying technical knowledge to evaluate the associated risks and implications
- Apply customer first approach to anticipate and deliver customer needs and expectations
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders across the Finance Operations team and the wider business
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to present financial data and information clearly and concisely to all levels of the business
- Actively seeks to develop strong relationships across functions
- Applies effective questioning, communication and influencing skills to share insights, commit stakeholders to action and promote a culture of continuous improvement
For this position we offer
- private health care | multisport card | life insurance
- subsidies for trainings | postgraduate studies
- annual bonus | sharesave plan | going extra miles program
- subsidized meals and fruits | integration parties
- possibility of working remotely | flexible working hours
- possibility of growth in the life sciences start-up company
- caring, collaborative and courageous business environment
- relaxation zones in the modern workplace
About Smith & Nephew
Smith & Nephew is a global advanced medical technology business. We support healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries to improve the quality of life for their patients. Since 1856, when our founder T.J. Smith developed a new method for refining cod liver oil, and in World War One when his nephew led the supply of wound care products, to the present day, Smith & Nephew continues to pioneer health solutions.
Through our market leadership positions in Sports Medicine, Trauma, Orthopaedic Reconstruction and Advanced Wound Management, our 16,000 employees continue to improve outcomes and expand access, constantly striving to create value for healthcare professionals, patients, payers and shareholders.
Send your application today by clicking the ”Ansök nu”-button below!